Monday 18 June 2007

Sailing the High Teas...

It's curious and somewhat spooky, but my computer seems to know that I'm in Hong Kong. Of late it has taken the liberty of presuming that being in HK I must speak Chinese and would therefore appreciate some of my websites in the said Chinese. Clever as it is, I don't appreciate my websites in Chinese actually. For no apparent reason, my whole blog editing interface is now Chinese and since I can't read it I have no idea how to make it sensible again. So it could be a little bit trial and error but let's see how we go...

This posting is dedicated to Cousin Kate who has been waiting all week to see photographic evidence of my High Tea At The Ritz Carlton experience, since I casually dropped it into the conversation to her in an email. Being the High Tea Queen and the one who introduced me to whole beloved concept (with her very own home-made High Tea At The Ritz Manly) SHE will at least appreciate the following joyous vision:



Oh lovely sweet morsels!!!

To my privilege and delight I was invited to join Katrina and her 2 friends Yuki and Christina for high tea last weekend, thanks to Yuki winning a prize draw at work... high tea for 4 at the Ritz Carlton. It was an English portal in downtown Hong Kong, complete with chandeliers, old-fashioned high-backed chairs with round dark wood tables, live piano music and well-to-do society... a delight for all the senses, as per this little clip of video:



For more pics, check out the High Tea link under my pics to your left.

No comments: