Sunday 11 February 2007

Packing, packing...




I'm surrounded by boxes which must be a sign that I'm making progress with packing up my life (once again) and readying things for the move to Hong Kong. The pile of Will-Be-Taking is growing at an alarming rate and may have to be further sub-divided into Definitely and If-There's-Room. I've booked my plane ticket so I really am going for those who've been mislead by the whole 'hongkongmoo' thing and wondering why I'm still in the country... it's anticipatory... a sort of closing-of-one-chapter-beginning-of-another thing... So, I'll be going on March 8.

I have to say that the social calendar decidedly more full in this new chapter of my life. It's pretty special to be able to pack a box or three and then go and meet someone for lunch... I even took the Schnitzel Challenge at the Belgium Bier Cafe in Manly with a friend who wishes to remain nameless for the fact that she single-handedly ate an entire plate of pork schnitzel (quite a large one), thereby winning a shot of peach schnapps which she lovingly handed over to me, with a full-of-schnitzel look in her eyes, saying "I did it for you"... Well, halleluja! I couldn't eat all my schnitzel but I got the peach schnapps! What a friend!!

No comments: